Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (Abu Dhabi)
As dreamed by its founder, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque sits majestically at the entrance to Abu Dhabi City Island, distinctly visible from the three main beautiful bridges connecting the island to the main land, the Maqta, Mussafah and the Sheikh Zayed Bridge.
The perfect location of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is a symbol of deep emotional connection the Mosque has in the hearts of all United Arab Emirates citizens especially because the burial place of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the first President of the UAE, is located beside the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque project was firstly launched by late president of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who wanted to built a giant structure that would unite various cultural diversity of the Arabic Islamic world with the modern values of art and architecture.
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is very popular among people for its pure color, because it is clad with SIVEC marble from Macedonia. Every details and design elements was carefully made and fits into the overall vision of the The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Below are some incredible facts about The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque :
- Developing the unique art of ornamentation thorough using multi colored marble to create unprecedented artistic forums with the help of natural colors in addition to the development of sophisticated techniques associated with the decoration of crowned columns. The crowns are not located on the top of the columns but at the bottom. This extraordinary technique is innovative to Islamic architecture.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque architecture Combines Ottoman, Mamluk and Fatimid styles, the design of the minarets fuse the wide and diverse Islamic world into one summation of art and beauty.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque using modern techniques of beautiful artistic glass work; mosaic, and carved displaying traditional Islamic object design.
- The The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque opened for tourists from Saturday to Thursday at 9am to 10pm.
- The colours of mosque’s walls, carpet, and columns are harmonized together transforming the entire building into a remarkable masterpiece.Please note that The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is closed for tourism activities on Friday mornings because at that time the building will be used as place of worship by local moslim, and will be reopened after 4.30 PM. The Mosque also will be closed for visitors during Fridays in the holy month of Ramadan.
View Larger: Map to SHEIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE
Pictures of SHEIKH ZAYED GRAND MOSQUE
keywords: तिमनगड का किला,มัสยิดซิคซาเญดมีเสาร์กี่ต้น,जामा मस्जिद की शैलिया,sejarah agama Timgad,ज़ाएद बाला,มัสยิดซิคซาเญด